THE EPILOGUE

        THIS AND THAT
Of this and that,
A cat and a rat.
What to make of it, I cannot tell;
To tell of it, the cat I must bell.
What shall I do?
To make you see it's true.

I once walked alone
Along paths unknown.
Caught a tree swaying
To a tune I was humming...
This serenity had better last.
Something whistled past:
A bat and a dart
Truly, life is of this and that.

I was sipping my apple cider
This time I had no cigar
Caressing the hollow of my mouth.
All my plans could go south
If this and that
Break my heart.

Life is of this and that:
Sometimes, you hold the bat
Other times, you catch the ball...
A little more and that will be all.
Choose to take all in stride
And in the end, you'll glow with pride.

©Nikoslexie 2017

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

STAY HIGH

Someday...

RANDOM WEDNESDAY