COS IT'S FRIDAY!

Hmm... I know something important about tomorrow - It's not today! #TGIF #FunAllTheWeekend #Lovers'Post

PROMISE ME TOMORROW

Sierra was her name…

Beauty and Sierra:
One and the same.

“Promise me tomorrow,” she would say
Ever forgetting
That I hold no tomorrow.

Day after day,
She pleaded;
Wanting that which isn’t mine-
Surety for the morrow.


A lying tongue
I would rather not develop
Simply to promise you tomorrow
For my mother always told me
“No one knows tomorrow.”

Whether alive I’d be
To see that day
When all my dreams would come true,
I know not
Yet you say to me
“Promise me tomorrow”

Oh! Sierra,
How I treasure every moment with you!
My heart longs for that day you’d be mine
But you threaten to wreak havoc
At my ingenuous heart
When you say to me
“Promise me tomorrow.”

I know not what tomorrow brings
For I am but human,
I sleep and I wake
Not simply because I will it.
I love you
Ever so dearly
But please understand
When I say I can’t promise you tomorrow.

©Nikoslexie 2011

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

STAY HIGH

Someday...

RANDOM WEDNESDAY