RANDOM POST

Why do we feel threatened by anything different? Why does the thought of embracing something or someone different from us scare us? Imagine someone who doesn't get a particular job because he's an albino. Seriously?! Yes, he's being denied an opportunity because he's different. I could give many more examples but I'll just stop here.
It's high time we learned to celebrate the differences that make us beautiful individuals and communities instead of opposing or making life miserable for everyone that isn't like us. Variety, they say, is the spice of life.
#let'schannelourdifferences #istandwitheveryone #sayNOtodiscrimination
I thought it was mine
I couldn't have been more wrong.
It had to be fine
For all to be carried along
Together we all had to dine
Even when he didn't belong

It was my place to tell
And tell, I would;
The cat I would bell
Just because I could.
His stay would be hell
And for our bonfire, he'd be the wood

He wouldn't follow the throng
So I wouldn't let him be
Oh! How for his strength I long
To stand and not bend the knee
If only he could see
I was afraid of not being among

©Nikoslexie 2017

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

STAY HIGH

Someday...

RANDOM WEDNESDAY