Here's a step

I have frequently wondered why humans find it easy, most times, to take others for granted. It just seems like second nature to some folks. A lot of crap is hidden under the big umbrella of human rights and I am forced to wonder if there are really any boundaries to human rights. The law allows organizations to erect places of worship close to the road just as much as it allows individuals to build residential houses. Should we now say that because we have freedom of movement, we will leave our places of worship and conduct services on a portion of the road? When did half of the government road become the ideal place for our service(s)? What is to be the reaction of innocent passers-by that get stuck because you feel you have a certain degree of freedom? This is by no means an outburst against any religious body. If your friend allowed you to spend the night at his place once when you needed a place to crash, it does not necessarily mean you should keep going there unannounced. You would even now go there with two other people who will ensure they eat all the food they can’t even afford in their own houses. Haba! His house isn’t a charity home so just take a chill. He has been nice to you; don’t make him regret it. Be responsible!

      **DON’T TAKE A MILE**
I’ll give you a step;
Don’t take a mile.
If I give you a step,
Let it be enough to make you smile.

You should not take it
No! Not without asking first.
It may look like a tiny bit
But seek consent first!

I’ll give you a yard;
Please don’t take a mile.
It’s not so hard
Stealing my heart with your smile
But don’t make me sad
By making of it a pile.

I’ll give you a yard;
Don’t take a mile.
A yard is my last card;
Don’t throw it in the Nile.
If only you wouldn’t be so bad,
You’d get all in a while.

Here’s a yard,
Don’t take a mile.
It may seem hard
But surely it would make us smile.
©Nikoslexie2017

Comments

  1. BE RESPONSIBLE!...WORD!

    I give u my number and u wont stop calling..even @11pm..BE RESPONSIBLE!
    You put ur phone on silence during ur exam, buh it wont stop ringing in church...BE RESPONSIBLE.
    You cant stand dirt in ur own room..yet u wont 'keep lagos clean'..my dear, BE RESPONSIBLE!!


    So FT dint ask for my comments and am writing an epistle..gosh..Tosin, BE RESPONSIBLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good deductions. The last one though definitely cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

STAY HIGH

Someday...

RANDOM WEDNESDAY