REACH FOR THE SKIES

Just sitting there with a thousand thoughts flowing through. I had to write; not just anything but something good. That was the most pressing of all thoughts.
My mind drifted back to a decade ago when it all started one afternoon with a simple conversation between two friends. One was a poet and the other was a lady who had read no poems except those mandated in the Junior Secondary School. They were both science students with seemingly no background in the Arts but their love for words bound them together like Romeo and Juliet. For her, it started with a desire to try something new and exciting. She did that and with all diligence too as she dated all her poems to monitor her progress.
Fast forward to year 2017...she still writes (maybe not as frequently as she would have loved) and has a few nice poems to her name. She still strives -strives to touch the sky she saw hanging so low just within her reach a decade ago. Remember, it all started with a desire. A desire to try something new and exciting. What's in the pipeline for you? Reach out and touch the skies hanging so low.

WHAT I SAY IT IS
There's a sling
With a ring.
It's hanging high;
I'm passing by.
It's hanging low
But I'm too slow.
It's glittering
But I'm jittery.

There's a sling
With a ring.
It's got a strap
To hold my lap.
Oh! It's not a swing
But to it I cling.
It's to me what I say it is.
A sling or a swing; all I see is bliss.

©Nikoslexie 2017

Comments

  1. First, a desire. :) I'm also trying something new in my life. This is encouraging :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear. Go for it. Don't let fear hold you back. 😊

      Delete
  2. Reach for the skies, touch the full moon... Nice one tomtee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you have to mention the full moon? and you know how that full moon dey always do me😍

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finally made amala..lol..talking abt tryg sth new..

    ReplyDelete
  5. First, a desire. :) I'm also trying something new in my life. This is encouraging :D

    ** สล็อต ออนไลน์ ได้ เงิน จริง**
    ** goldenslot mobile**

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

STAY HIGH

Someday...

RANDOM WEDNESDAY