HUNG TO DRY

Curtains drawn;
Darkness dawns.
I hung it to dry -
My pen
Yet it flowed freely -
The ink.

The sages have sung
Our fathers: never wrong
To speak of thereafter.
It will definitely flutter -
My heart -
At the thought of tomorrow.

Inquire no more from me
I emptied it already -
 My soul
Yet full it stayed
Devoid of any happiness.

It flooded my soul -
Grief
Consuming every inch.
I hung it to dry -
My pen
Yet it flowed freely -
The ink.

Hush! It is set:
Morning!
There's a now and a thereafter
Take a sneak peek
It's an epilogue:
No! Not the end.

It filled the air -
A melody.
It engulfed my nostrils -
A fragrance.
A fire in my bones
None can see
For night abides still...

Hush! It is set.
Take a sneak peek
It's an epilogue
No, not the end!

© Nikoslexie 2017

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

STAY HIGH

RANDOM WEDNESDAY

Someday...