UNSEEING EYES

Why is it so easy for us to see the fault in others but not in ourselves? Could it be that a strand of self righteousness was secretly woven into the human DNA at conception? We rant about the bad others have done while  we are guilty of the same -and sometimes even more. When shall we trade our unseeing eyes for better ones?
A BEAUTIFUL MIND
I know I have a beautiful mind
He tells me so

I wish you could see it.
That’s how much I believe him;
We are so closely knit.

Don’t always believe men;
Perfected in treachery they are.
What shall I do then?

I know I have a beautiful mind
But only because he tells me so

How could I be so blind?
I must be truly ugly in there

I see she has a dirty mind
And I must cry “foul!”
How can she be so unkind?

I strain at a gnat
But swallow a camel
Surely, I am no better than a ‘noon bat’

Till I truly have a beautiful mind
I should not label her a foe.

©Nikoslexie 2017

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

STAY HIGH

Someday...

RANDOM WEDNESDAY