ABENI

ABENI
The clouds cluster
And all I see are shades of grey
As intricate patterns of white
Dart across the sober sky.
Thunder claps of varying magnitude are heard,
The heavens darken
And threaten to collapse.
It’s another stormy night
And I am alone…again!

I sit by my window
As the clouds empty their contents
With such a fury
That makes me shudder.
I bask in the intensity of the noise
Given off by the thunderous rain
For it washes away the pin-drop silence
That echoes at the core of my abode.
I drink in the sight of destruction
Caused by the storm
And silently send heavenward a prayer
For ABENI, my best friend.

ABENI: the one who was imperfect in a perfect way,
Made the days enchanting.
She was the one with the Midas touch
And left me feeling golden.
To my ABENI,
Life was just another gift
Meant to be shared with anyone.
Its moments were to be marked
With laughter and fun.

Was it not her laughter
That rang out through the whole house,
Dispelling every form of loneliness?
Was it not her that bid my sorrows farewell
With the words of her lips?
It was her!
Yes, it was my ABENI
Until the wind of change blew;
The sun began to set at dawn
And shadows filled my days.

ABENI began to lose interest
In the things which we held dear.
Instead, she longed for greener pastures,
Her eyes sparkled with greed,
Her heart pumped with longing
Till her feet could only do their bid.
And so I lost ABENI
To the ugly hands of distance
Never again beholding her face constantly
As I loved.

ABENI, I know not if you still exist
Except at the core of my memories
For only silence speaks
When your name rings.
I wish that our past becomes the present
But our future, never the present.
ABENI, when will your sweet voice again be heard?
When will I again behold that striking beauty of yours?
O ABENI, my dearest,
When will you return to me?

©Nikoslexie2009

Comments

  1. Hmmm.Beautiful poem.Reminds me of a frd I also lost

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't want me crying here. Wistful! You write and the soul moves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel free to let the fountain flow... Who knows you just might be the subject of another poem. *winks* Thank you

      Delete
  3. Hmmm... This is my best! Gal you hit a nerve. I keep coming back to read this one. Wish you could do a flip... like for a Ajani. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm at your service dear. Let's go there...
      Thank you

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

STAY HIGH

RANDOM WEDNESDAY

Someday...