LIGHT SHINES STILL..


I almost cannot believe we are in December! If not for the calendars that corroborate that fact, I could argue convincingly that we are still somewhere in June or July on the calendar. Alas! We are 5 days already into the last month in 2016 and suffice to say that the atmosphere is rather dull.
As a child, I looked forward to December and even "saved" for it. I looked forward to the buying and throwing of "bangers" which began as soon as it was December 1. I remember how I spent hours  strategizing with other children about the best locations and whose turn it was to do the throwing. Christmas lights everywhere and brighter still, was the excitement we felt -that could never be quantified. Right now, I really need something or someone to remind me we are in the festive season. Be that as it may, I have chosen to cheer myself up and I hope you do the same. There's light at the end of the tunnel.


EKUNDAYO
Gory epistles woven into strands of time
Many marry the pages of ill
Struggling their hearts to guard
Against the reality of doom;
Simply forgetting sorrow’s law of attraction.
Fishing in the sea of the past
Nets of memory cast
As only baskets of tears they catch
Multiplying their fears.

Pain engraving their hearts deeply
A ray of hope
Even as thin as rope
Is all they seek
To heal their hearts so sick.
Wailing and wallowing in poverty’s pit
Searching for that friend
A hand to lend;
Aching, shaking
As cold winds of homelessness their way blow.

Skinny beings as children
With sunken eyes to match,
Living in hunger’s burrow,
Toiling and suffering
Still believing that eternal joy,
Someday, theirs will be
And a savior them would locate.

And so it was…
Indeed, morning came;
Dawn appeared
Dispelling darkness.
Weep no more, child
The wind of laughter will blow
Drying every ocean of tears.
Better and brighter the future will be
Pain and sorrows ended.
Weep no more, child,
Light shines at the tunnel’s end.

Ekundayo,
It’s a season of joy!


©Nikoslexie 2010

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

STAY HIGH

Someday...

RANDOM WEDNESDAY