RACE AGAINST TIME

Last week was busy for me. I wish I could say I was busy saving lives or making the world a better place but sadly I can't. I was busy indulging myself; doing absolutely NOTHING! 😢 Not that I didn't have things to do but I simply lacked the willpower to do them. 😢😢Instead, I constantly procrastinated and now, this week, I will actually be busy because I have pushed all my work to this week forcing myself to narrowly make important deadlines when I could have done them easily before now. Well, I know I am not alone. 😄There are many people who procrastinate all the time but that doesn't make it a good thing so I won't comfort myself with the fact that I am not alone. Procrastination is indeed a thief of time and Time is something we don't have in abundance always. Let's use it wisely.

TIME
Light shines and dawn beckons,
The cocks crow;
All of creation awakens.
Sands roar
And time quietly rolls away...

Time: tool of the Creator,
Friend of seasons, for of men.
It speaks, it sings
But only the wise its words can tell.
Voice of reason the lazy would begrudge;
Race against the Mortal would
But never to be caught Time has vowed.

Time, will your eyes of favor our way ever be turned?
Shall the mystery of your existence never be unraveled?
Reveal unto us, we pray you, the key to your heart
That we be weary not in our constant race.

© Nikoslexie 2009

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

STAY HIGH

Someday...

RANDOM WEDNESDAY