BEFORE TWO HOUSES

With the ever rising rates of divorce, I think it’s only fitting we devote some time to talk about it no matter how short the time. I happen to have quite a number of acquaintances and friends who are products of dysfunctional homes. To be honest, I do not regret knowing them and I am proud of the people they have become (and are still becoming) against all odds. The ripple effects of dysfunctional families (and broken homes especially) on the children and society at large cannot be overemphasized. For me, knowing that all the negative effects can be avoided by marrying right or not marrying at all, mutual sacrifice and selflessness among other things makes the pain worse. Let’s think about the future of our children before taking some crucial decisions.
BACK TO THE DAY…
Life: so confusing
For none but me.
I can’t seem to understand it;
I’m just a child
Who wants to go back -
Back to the day before two houses.

All properties split,
On with life they go:
Mum to the South,
Dad to the North
And I? Simply caught in the middle!

Innocence… gone,
Happiness… none!
All I’ve got is two houses
But no home.

All I crave is unity,
All I crave is love,
All I crave is the past.

If I could turn back the hands of time,
I would.

Back to the day before two houses.

©Nikoslexie 2011

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

STAY HIGH

RANDOM WEDNESDAY

Someday...