MY WORLD AS IT IS

"Who is a medical doctor?" This is a question I have heard so many times (in different ways) yet I am not sure I ever have the right answer because I am not sure there is one correct answer.
Some say "a medical doctor is someone who treats you when you are sick". Others say "he's the guy in white who you queue for hours to see only to be given Vitamin C! "😁😁 Well, I could go on and on but I wouldn't, neither would I give you my own definition (it just might be biased *winks*). Just enjoy the poem below. Ciao!

Deep-gutted cries;
Shouts and yet more shouts
Wailings and mourning fill the air
Another soul passed on
Just like yesterday and the day before
Yet here was I, all calm
Heedless of the noise around.

Don’t question my personality,
Simply embrace my ability.
I am the one dressed in white
The one who wields the scalpel
That instrument of life or death;
Probing that which is hidden,
I am the one
Who seeks the shattered, the fractured and the fragmented
Simply to make it whole again
I am he who holds the scepter:
I rule the world
‘Cause I am the doc!

Seemingly omniscient,
I am supposed to have all the answers
Even when there is no question!
I am the doc
Born to solve all mysteries;
And there’s really no hiding place.
Never taking a break,
I work at the centre of life
Or is it death?
I prefer the former…

Whether life or death,
Whether at work or on vacation,
Whether affluent or simply comfortable,
I am who I am
The fearless doc.


©Nikoslexie 2011

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

STAY HIGH

Someday...

RANDOM WEDNESDAY