PARTY MOOD

Yaay! It's another weekend. For some, it's Owambe time and for others, it's time to do all the outstanding chores from the week. Now, don't ask me which category I fall into cos your guess is as good as mine *döuble winks *
Well, for those that will be hitting the bars and clubs this weekend, here's something for you:

THE GREEN BOTTLE

The stench so familiar yet so strange
So strange because it brought disjointed memories;
Memories of time spent in a world so far away
Yet as near as hours ago.
A world where bliss inexplicable is all I feel.
A place where I soar on Freedom’s wings;
Flying without caution and with none to restrain me.
The drunkard’s world-
A beautiful world it seemed till I realized
Only prisoners exist in this world
For we are all victims of the green bottle.

The green bottle,
A symbol of flattering deception
Bringing to light only masked reflections.
A corrupted mirror is what you truly are
For I see in you only that which I choose
And the ingestion of your contents reduces me
To half of what I should really be.
Though a beautiful object you are,
O green bottle,
Who shall deliver me from your hold?
©Nikoslexie 2009

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

STAY HIGH

Someday...

RANDOM WEDNESDAY